Ten Things That Make Us Terribly Happy in New York City
If you've ever lived in or made a visit to New York City, chances are you've experienced the indescribable magic that makes this city like no other. It's practically impossible to walk two blocks without seeing something that inspires you, surprises you, and makes your love grow a little more for this city. Here is a list of ten things that make NYC sparkle, according to us.1. The Art New art is always popping up all over the city. Visible from the High Line Park, this lovely painting stops crowds in their tracks to snap a photo and admire.
2. The High Line Up above the West Side, this elevated public park built on historical rail road tracks creates an extraordinary little getaway with a green lawn for picnicking and gorgeous views of the Hudson River. Check out a map of the High Line.
3. Catching A Sunset on The Hudson River With all of the hustle and bustle in this crazy city, it's rare that we get a chance for moments like these, which makes them even more remarkable.
5. Chelsea MarketThis enclosed urban food court and shopping mall built inside the old Nabisco factory is a must see while passing through the Chelsea neighborhood.
6. The Burgers Drooling yet? We are too. Two words. Shake Shack. (Three locations in the city, and yes, it's worth waiting in a line that goes out the door and down the street.)
7. A Sunny Walk Through Washington Square ParkThis gathering spot with a shady lawn for picnicking, chirping birds and up-and-coming musicians that play all day is NYC's happy place.
9. The Meatpacking District This cobble-stoned neighborhood starting on West 14th street is the home of designer shops, charming boutiques and one-of-a-kind restaurants and bars. This place is just so "New York"!
10. The Hint Of Fall in the Air Fall is here! Slowly but surely the feeling in the air is changing, the nights are getting crisper and everything is getting that much more magical.
photos 2,4,6 & 10 courtesy of Sunsets and Skyscrapers